October 5, 2013 1 Comment
Wow. What the heck were we doing all those years before? I can barely remember not having Her.
Three years ago:
- I had just returned from Ethiopia after meeting my little girl
- Although the wait for our Embassey appointment wasn’t terribly long, it sure felt that way.
- My neighbor had a baby shower for me. I wore a pillow under my shirt.
- We were finishing up getting that little room ready. Straw colored walls, Pink & green trim, princess blanket (which has always been her favorite), cute pictures on the walls, shelves full of books.
- Jet lag. Seriously, I didn’t see it coming, it took a long time to recover from!
- Pictures, pictures, pictures. I couldn’t stop looking at them!
The first pictures we saw of Addis she looked stunned & worried. When we met her, her expression was flat. In fact, she had that flat look to her eyes until she had been home for about 6 weeks.